These pop in your mouth Cranberry Pear Envelope Appetizers scream PICK ME FOR YOUR HOLIDAY PARTY! Full of a sweet pear and cranberry sauce, topped with creamy cheese all encased in a delicate pastry shell what more could you ask for in an holiday appetizer.
Start by using my homemade Cranberry Pear Sauce. This sauce is versatile I also used it to make a delicious holiday Cranberry Pear Cheese Ball.
Don’t forget to pin this to your holiday boards!
- 1 sheet of puff pastry from a 17.3 ounce box
- 3.5 ounces Colby cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Cranberry Pear Sauce
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll 1 sheet of puff pastry to a 12x12-inch square.
- Cut into twenty-five 2 1/4-inch squares.
- For the each envelope spoon about 2 teaspoons of cheese, 1/2 teaspoon cranberry pear sauce and 1/2 teaspoon walnuts.
- Add the egg and water to a small bowl and slightly beat.
- Using a pastry brush, brush on egg wash to the opposite corners of the pastry.
- Fold the opposite corners over filling; press to seal.
- Fold up bottom corner and seal, forming an open end (like and envelope).
- Brush pastry with egg wash.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until pastries are golden.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain