Dark Chocolate Pretzel Rounds, the perfect Christmas Party chocolate treat! These pop in your mouth chocolate pretzels may only have three ingredients, but nothing beats a salty pretzel dipped in delicious dark chocolate and coated with powdered sugar. Drop some into a treat bag—hand out to your guests as party favors or use a the perfect stocking stuffer! Scroll down for something FREE!↓↓↓
What Chocolate to Use
How to Make Dark Chocolate Pretzel Rounds
- Snyder’s Pretzel Rounds
- Dark Chocolate
- Powdered Sugar
- Melt a bag of dark chocolate candy melts or (Ghirardelli) wafers.
- Pour half the bag of pretzel rounds into the melted candy.
- Use a fork to transport the coated pretzels to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat with remaining pretzel rounds.
- When all the pretzels have been coated refrigerate until firm (about 10 minutes). TIP: YOU WANT THE CANDY TO BE HARD TO THE TOUCH BUT NOT SUPER HARD
- Pour powdered sugar into a paper sack, add half the coated pretzel rounds, shake until rounds are coated with the powdered sugar.
- Remove rounds from the sugar and place onto parchment paper, repeat coating remaining rounds.
How to Make Dark Chocolate Pretzel Rounds Treat Bag Topper
- Good scissors
- white cardstock paper
- optional: perforating tool
- Print topper ( you will get two per print out)
- Cut along the outer edges
- Fold or use the perforating tool along the dash line
- Staple over bag
MORE CHRISTMAS TREATS
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Snyder's pretzel rounds
- 1 (12 ounce) bag dark chocolate candy melts (from Wilton) or melting wafers (from Ghirardelli)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- paper bag (lunch size)
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Pour candy into a medium microwave safe bowl.
- Heat 1 minute on regular strength heat, stir and heat an additional 30 seconds at 60%.
- Stir until melted and creamy. TIP: IF THE CANDY IS STILL NOT MELTED CONTINUE TO HEAT IN 30 SECOND INTERVALS AT 60% UNTIL MELTED.
- Fill bowl with pretzel rounds, roll around to completely coat.
- Use a fork or Wilton dipping scoop tool to take the rounds out of the chocolate, lightly tap extra chocolate off and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Place coated rounds in the refrigerator to set (about 10 minutes) TIP: YOU WANT THE CANDY TO BE HARD TO THE TOUCH BUT NOT SUPER HARD—STILL TACKY
- Pour powdered sugar into the paper bag, add half the coated pretzel rounds, shake until rounds are coated with the powdered sugar.
- Remove rounds from the sugar and place onto parchment paper, repeat coating with remaining rounds.