Mini Eggnog Cheesecakes with a Rum Caramel Drizzle. Transform your favorite Christmas Party Drink into the perfect little bite of creamy eggnog cheesecake with a wonderful dollop of rum caramel. It’s like Christmas on a fork! Create a fun party atmosphere—instead of serving a full size cheesecake make mini cheesecakes.
How to make Mini Eggnog Cheesecakes with a Rum Caramel Drizzle
This super simple traditional cheesecake crust is made with graham cracker crumbs, sugar, nutmeg and butter. Press ONE tablespoon of the mixture into each 4 ounce jar. DO NOT BAKE
It’s all about the creamy yummy filling! Whip the cream cheese until creamy, add the sugar and cornstarch, mix. Add the eggs one at a time until well combined, continue mixing and add the vanilla, nutmeg and salt. Slowly add the eggnog. Pour ¼ cup of batter into each 4 ounce jar on top of the crust. Bake 30 minutes. NOTE: The batter will rise to the top of the jars but once cooled will sink back down into the jar.
The Rum Caramel Drizzle
ONLY TWO INGREDIENTS! You can’t get any easier then that! For this delicious caramel all you need is a 13.4 ounce can of Dulce de Leche and ¼ cup of rum. Put it all together in a microwave safe bowl, whisk until combined, and heat in 15 second increments stirring between each (a total of about 45 seconds). Spoon 1 tablespoon on each baked and cooled mini cheesecake. PERFECTION!
Can these Mini Eggnog Cheesecake with a Rum Caramel Drizzle be Frozen?
I am happy to announce that YES! THIS CHEESECAKE CAN BE FROZEN!
HOW TO FREEZE A FULL SIZE CHEESECAKE
- To use the bottom of springform pan: Once the cheesecake is completely cooled and has been in the refrigerator (in the pan) for at least 4 hours preferably overnight. Release the outer rim of the pan, leaving the cheesecake sitting on the bottom of the pan. Wrap the cheesecake with several layers of plastic wrap and a layer of foil.
- To use a cardboard bottom: Once the cheesecake has been refrigerated and if completely cooled and firm, use a knife to separate the cheesecake from the pan bottom. Slice it onto a foil wrapped piece of heavy hardboard. Then wrap with several layers of plastic wrap and a layer of foil. (This method scares me)
- For a cheesecake with fruit topping: ALWAYS freeze cheesecake WITHOUT the topping. Add the topping before serving
- Always thaw a cheesecake overnight in the refrigerator: When partially thawed, transfer if from the cardboard or springform bottom to a serving plate.
MORE MINI CHEESECAKE RECIPES
- MINI CHEESECAKES
- SNICKERDOODOLE COOKIE DOUGH MINI CHEESECAKES
- PEPPERMINT PATTY MINI CHEESECAKES
- MINI LEMON GLAZED CHEESECAKES
- MINI CARROT CAKE CHEESECAKES
- MINI APPLE CRUMB CHEESECAKES
- MINI S’MORE CHEESECAKES
- MINI PUMPKIN CHEESECAKES
- MINI PAYDAY CHEESECAKES
How to Slice Cheesecake (for future use)
Before slicing hold your knife under hot water—this makes slicing a cheesecake a lot easier.
TOP 10 CHEESECAKE RECIPES
- CINNAMON ROLL CHEESECAKE
- PECAN PIE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
- COCONUT LIME CHEESECAKE
- UPSIDE DOWN TURTLE CHEESECAKE
- CRANBERRY BLISS CHEESECAKE
- ROASTED BANANA PECAN CHEESECAKE
- PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE
- PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
- PISTACHIO CHEESECAKE
- LEMON GLAZED CHEESECAKE
For the Crust:
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 4 (8 ounce) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup eggnog
For the Rum Caramel Drizzle:
- 1 (13.4 ounce) can Dulce de Leche
- ¼ cup rum
Preheat oven to 350°
For the Crust:
Add cracker crumbs, sugar, nutmeg and salt to a medium bowl: whisk together. Pour melted butter over crumb mixture; stir to combine. Add ONE TABLESPOON to each 4 ounce jars. Lightly press. Set aside.
For the Batter:
Place cream cheese into a large mixing bowl; whip until creamy. Add the sugar and cornstarch to the cream cheese, mix until combined. Add the eggs one at a time until well combined; continue mixing and add the vanilla, nutmeg and salt. While the mixer is on low slowly pour in the eggnog; once incorporated, continue mixing until creamy.
NOTE: Make sure to scrap the sides throughout this process.
Spoon ¼ cup batter into each 4 ounce jar on top of the crust. Place filled jars on a cookie sheet. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until the center is just set but with a little movement.
Cool 20 minutes on a wire cooling rack. Place lids on and refrigerate to cool completely before adding the caramel.
For the Rum Caramel Drizzle:
To a medium size microwaveable bowl add the Dulce de Leche and rum. Whisk until combined. Microwave in 15 second increments until the caramel is melted (about a total of 45 seconds). Spoon ONE TABLESPOON of caramel on top of each cheesecake. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
These mini cheesecakes will rise to the top of the jars—but when cooled will sink. Add the caramel for that perfect cheesecake bite.