Scroll down for over 20 more amazing Halloween Party Ideas. ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
These cupcakes make the perfect party cupcakes. Why? Because they’re semi homemade! That simply means they are made with a fudge cake mix! The frosting is homemade but also super easy. The Bakery White Frosting is made for party cupcakes. With simple ingredients like shortening you don’t have to wait for the butter to soften because there is no butter! This frosting will stand up to hot weather and humidity. To get the ultimate color from this frosting use clear vanilla. I used Adams Clear Vanilla.
It’s all about the cute Candy Eyeballs from Wilton and the layers of fun colored frosting all presented in a fun push up pop.
For the Chocolate Cake
- 1 (15.25 ounce) chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
For the Bakery White Frosting
- 2 cups shortening
- 1 tablespoon Adams clear vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 6 to 8 tablespoons milk
For the Chocolate Fudge Cake:
Preheat oven 350°. Spray a 11½ x 15½ inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray. Place a piece of parchment paper on top, spray the top of the paper; set aside. To a large mixing bowl add the cake mix, water, oil and eggs. Beat until smooth (about 2 minutes). Pour batter into prepared pan, bake 15 minutes. Cool on wire cooling rack 10 minutes. Place cooling rack on top of the cake and turn over onto cooling rack to cool completely. Use a 1 5/8 inch round cookie cutter to cut at least 45 rounds. Place rounds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze (for at least 2 hours). Slice rounds in half lengthwise. Put rounds back in freezer until ready to use.
For the Bakery White Frosting:
Add the shortening to a large mixing bowl. Beat until shortening is light and fluffy. Add <a href="https://www.adamsextract.com/productDetails.aspx?productID=10465&department
;Name=Adams-ClearVan---1.5-FL-OZ-Bottle" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener" data-mce-href="https://www.adamsextract.com/productDetails.aspx?productID=10465&department
;Name=Adams-ClearVan---1.5-FL-OZ-Bottle">Adams Clear Vanilla Extract, almond extract and beat until incorporated into the shortening. Add the sugar 1 cup at a time; beat until smooth between each addition. Add milk only if frosting is too thick. Drizzle in 1 tablespoon at a time until the frosting reaches spreading or piping consistency. Separate frosting into three medium bowls (about 16 ounces each). Add orange to one bowl, purple to another and green to the last. Stir to combine. Add frosting to a piping bag fitted with a #12 tip.
How to Fill The Push Up Pops:
Fit three piping bags with a Wilton Tip #12. Add one frosting to each bag. Add one cake round to the bottom of each push up pop. Then a layer of green frosting. Slide a couple of googly eyes on top of the frosting. Add another layer of cake and and layer of purple frosting. Slide in another pair of eyes slightly to the opposite side of the other eyes. Top with another layer of cake and a swirl of orange frosting. Pipe on multiple piles of frosting on top of the orange layer of frosting, larger at the bottom and to a point at the top. Decorate with Wilton Candy Eyeballs.
NOTE: These push up pops were inspired by Betty Crocker Kitchens Spooky Eyeball Halloween Cake
AMAZING HALLOWEEN TREAT RECIPES!
- Ghostly Sweet and Salty Snack Mix from Big Bear’s Wife
- Donut Monsters from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Brownie Bottom Candy Explosion Cheesecake from I am a Honey Bee
- Sugar Cookie Coffins from Love and Confections
- Reeses Halloween Cookie Bars from A Blender Mom
- Candy Corn Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Paranormal Parfaits from Eat Move Make
- Easy Day of the Dead Cake from Pint Sized Baker
- Buttercream Bat Wing Cupcakes from Kudos Kitchen
- Vanishing Candy Corn Cocktails from The Baking Fairy
- Wicked Zombie Trifle from Who Needs A Cape?
- Monster Party Halloween Cupcakes from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Candy Corn Moonshine Truffles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Ghost Cupcakes from Mildly Meandering
- Graveyard Brownies from The Redhead Baker
- Day of the Dead Black Buttercream Cake from House of Nash Eats
- Halloween Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Savory Experiments
- Easy Caramel Apples from Katie’s Cucina
- Bag of Bones Scary Snacks from For the Love of Food
Sign up for my newsletter and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER