DIY Heart Shaped Candies | These Valentine’s Day treats are made with sweet and sour Jolly Rancher candies. It’s as easy as inserting a candy into a mold and melting it. Now you can create any shape candy you want as long as you have a silicone mold for it.
These candies offer a BURST of flavor. Set them around the party room in candy dishes or bag them up in cellophane bags for your kids to hand out at school. I found a bag of just red flavored candies but you can use your favorite flavors. Make just cinnamon heart candies to that tea lover. To add a little spice drop one heart shaped candy into a cup of hot tea. What a fun teachers gift that would make!
I melted my candies in a 10 cavity heart shape silicone mold that measured 6-inches x 5.5-inches. One candy fit perfectly into each heart cavity.
Place a candy in each heart cavity.
Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until candy is melted.
DIY Heart Shaped Candies
- hard candies ( I used Jolly Rancher red pack)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place one hard candy in each cavity.
- Place silicone mold on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until the candy is completely melted.
- Take cookie sheet out of the oven, leave silicone mold on cookie sheet 5 minutes.
- Transfer mold to a cooling rack.
- Cool completely; turn mold over and pop out candy.
This idea is from Lady Behind The Curtain
MORE CANDY RECIPES