These Double Vanilla Monster Party Cupcakes are the perfect treat for your Halloween Party. With a light and fluffy vanilla cupcake, topped with a delicious colorful vanilla buttercream frosting. Your little monsters will love chomping away on these fun cupcakes. Scroll down to see how easy it is to make your own brightly tri-colored frosting!
NOT JUST FOR HALLOWEEN! Scroll down to see the whole Monster Birthday Party Collection↓
HOW TO HAVE A MOIST CUPCAKE AFTER A MONTH!
Yes, you read that right. AFTER A MONTH! The only way of preserving your cupcakes past a few days is by freezing. The key is to freeze the cupcakes as soon as they’ve completely cooled. Not the next day or a couple of days. THE DAY. This works for frosted and non frosted cupcakes. For Freezing Frosted Cupcakes: Place them in a container for cupcakes ( I use the same ones the bakery uses). Wrap the filled container with plastic wrap and freeze. HOW TO GET THE SAME CUPCAKE CONTAINERS THAT YOU SEE AT YOUR GROCERY STORE BAKERY: Ask! If you only need a few you can usually purchase them from your grocery store bakery. If you need a lot you can also order them on line. For Cupcakes Without Frosting: Place them in a labeled zip top bag. Freeze flat. They will stay fresh as the day you baked them.
HOW TO MAKE TRI-COLORED FROSTING
- Make one recipe of vanilla buttercream frosting
- Divide into equal portions (1½ cups each)
- Add a color of food gel to each ( in this case purple, orange and green)
- Spoon each colored frosting into a small piping bag
- Fit a large piping bag with a wide tip ( I used Ateco tip #847)
- Slide the colored frosting (still in the piping bags) into the one large bag. Squeeze onto a piece of wax paper until all three colors appear.
- In a swirling motion add your beautiful frosting!