Instant Pot Samoa Cheesecake | Inspired by your favorite Girl Scout cookie “Caramel DeLites”. This vanilla based cheesecake has a chocolate crust with a simple to make caramel coconut topping and a drizzle of chocolate. It doesn’t get any better than that. But wait it does! I baked it in my Instant Pot (pressure cooker)!
I love how creamy this cheesecake bakes. You might ask why a pressure cooker and not just bake it in the oven? My opinion on that is the pressure cooker doesn’t bake like an oven with dry heat, it steams the cheesecake which in return delivers a creamy cheesecake free of cracks.
When it comes to cheesecake it’s hard to beat a Samoa Cheesecake. There’s not much history to be found about the reason a coconut topped concoction was named Samoa. I like to think it’s because of how happy the people are from the South Pacific Samoan Islands. And Samoa anything makes me happy! Maybe it’s because when the Girl Scout bakers created this wonder treat the bakers gave their cookie that name because it kind of sounded like “some more”, as in, “Give me some more of those delicious coconut thingies.” Since S’more was already taken they went with Samoa. For whatever reason this name was created you can’t deny that the taste is knock your socks off GOOD!
If Samoa recipes is what you love you might want to try these recipes.
READY TO CREATE THE BEST CHEESECAKE YOU’LL EVER HAVE?
So the cheesecake will fit in the Instant Pot you’ll need a 7-inch springform pan. I found mine on Amazon—->>>>Hiware 7-inch non stick springform pan. You can also bake cakes with this pan in your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
Wrap the pan in foil.
Make a “sling” with foil (see directions in recipe).
Use the sling to lower the cheesecake into the cooker.
Cheesecake bakes with non cracks!
For the Crust:
- 1 cup chocolate graham crackers, crushed
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 2 ( 8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
For the Topping:
- 1 ½ cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 12 chewy Kraft caramels
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
For the Crust:
- Spray a 7-inch springform pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chocolate crackers, sugar and butter.
- Pour into prepared pan; press up the sides (about 1-inch) and the bottom.
- Place in the freezer while the filling is being made.
For the Filling:
- In a medium mixing bowl add the cream cheese, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Whip until the ingredients are combined and creamy.
- Add the sour cream, flour, vanilla and eggs to the cream cheese mixture.
- Beat on medium until all ingredients are combined and creamy.
- Take the pan out of the freezer; pour filling over crust.
- Place pan in the center of a piece of foil; bring up the sides and cover but do not extend above the rim.
- Take another piece of foil (about 18-inches long), fold into thirds long wise.
- This strip will serve as a sling and make lifting the cheesecake out of the pot easier.
- Set the cheesecake in the center of the strip.
- Pour 1¼ cups water into the bottom of the Instant pot; place the rack that came with the pot in the bottom with the handles folded under.
- Using the sling lower the cheesecake into the pot.
- Place the lid on top and secure.
- Plug in the pot, press manual and set cooking time for 26 minutes on high pressure.
- MAKE SURE THE VENT IS CLOSED
- Once the timer goes off let the pressure cooker come to a natural release (about 5-10 minutes)
- Use a paper towel to absorb any moisture that was left on the cheesecake; let sit 5 minutes.
- Lift cheesecake out of the pan and onto a wire cooling rack.
- Let cool ONE HOUR.
- Cover with foil and cool completely in refrigerator (at least 4 hours).
For the Topping:
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Spread coconut on a rimmed baking sheet and toast 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until coconut is golden. Cool on baking sheet.
- Unwrap the caramels and place in a large microwave safe bowl with cream.
- Cook on high 1 ½ to 2 minutes, stopping to stir a few times.
- When smooth stir in toasted coconut.
- Spoon coconut mixture on top of cheesecake.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt chocolate chips.
- Pour chocolate into a zip top bag, snip the corner and drizzle over cheesecake.
- If you don't plan on the serving the cheesecake as soon as the topping is added; I recommend at least pre-slicing it and storing the cheesecake covered in the refrigerator. ONE HOUR before serving take the cheesecake out of the refrigerator. The time may vary depending on room temperature. Don't let the inner temperature of the cheesecake get any lower than 41°. This is the highest temp you want your cheesecake to reach. At the one hour mark I was easily able to put a fork through the topping to eat. I still recommend slicing the cheesecake while the topping is warm.