Marinated artichokes, caramelized onions and green olives add loads of flavor to these Italian roast beef sandwiches. Have some of the delicious sandwich spread leftover? Serve it on bagels!
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 French bread baguettes
- 1 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and julienned
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke crowns drained and chopped
- In a large skillet, cook onions in oil over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the cream cheese, ricotta cheese, olives and garlic in a food processor.
- Cover and process until blended.
- OPTION: Toast bread under the broiler for an added extra crunch.
- Spread over baguettes.
- Layer bread bottoms with roast beef, peppers, artichokes, and caramelized onions; replace tops. Cut each into six slices.
This recipe is from the Taste of Home magazine August/September 2010 issue.