Decadent Brownie Pie: A moist brownie made in a springform pan and drizzled with caramel for the perfect potluck dessert.
Here’s something a little different to do with a brownie, put it in a spring-form pan instead of a 9×13 pan. You can dress it up with different toppings. Sprinkle with chopped mint candy either peppermint for the holidays or chopped Andes chocolate covered mints; top with fresh berries (strawberries or raspberries) or drizzle with caramel sauce. I promise that whatever topping you choose you will love how rich the chocolate flavor is in this Decadent Brownie Pie.
Decadent Brownie Pie
For the Brownies
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
For the Ganache
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 squares ( 1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, chopped
For the Brownies:
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add corn syrup; mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 10-in. spring-form pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 1 in. from the side of pan comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
For the Ganache:
- In a saucepan, bring cream to a simmer.
- Remove from heat; stir in chocolate until melted.
- Cool completely.
- Remove sides of spring-form pan.
- Place a wire rack over waxed paper; set brownie on rack.
- Pour ganache over the brownie; spread over top and let drip down the sides.
- Let stand until set.
- Cut into wedges; garnish with desired toppings.
- Store in the refrigerator.
MORE BROWNIE RECIPES