Chocolate Marshmallow Cream Cake Roll
Chocolate Marshmallow Cream Cake Roll. A dark chocolate cake rolled around a marshmallow cream filling. The perfect anytime dessert! Dazzle your friends with a homemade Chocolate Marshmallow Cream Cake Roll. The perfect party dessert! This year serve an assortment of cake rolls at your Christmas Party! Scroll down to see how you can make this delicious cake roll weeks even months in advance of your party PLUS many recipe options! Scroll down and watch my “HOW TO MAKE A CAKE ROLL” video to see how easy it really is!
Need a little help?
They don’t look like it but… making a cake roll is really easy to do. Be confident…I know you can do it! You will impress everyone on Thanksgiving, Christmas or any celebration when you unveil your Chocolate Marshmallow Cream Cake Roll! Click here for step by step instructions and video—->>>>HOW TO MAKE A CAKE ROLL.
Add more pizazz to your cake roll!
Why I love this Chocolate Marshmallow Cream Cake Roll
- Beautiful presentation
- Perfect for hosting a party
- Has a great WOW factor
- Can be made way in advance of the party
- Change up the flavor with different fillings and toppings
How to make a Cake Roll
- In a medium bowl beat egg yolks, vanilla and salt on high about 4 minutes or until thick and lemon color.
- Gradually add the 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar until combined.
- In a clean large mixing bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks; fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the flour and cocoa.
- Sift over egg mixture; gently fold in just until combined.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
How to Assemble a Cake Roll
- Immediately loosen edges or cake from pan and turn cake out onto a clean kitchen towel sprinkled with additional powdered sugar.
- Remove parchment paper.
- Roll towel and cake into a spiral, starting from the short side of the cake.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Unroll cake; remove towel.
- Spread cake with Marshmallow Cream Filling to within ½-inch of the edges.
- Roll up cake; cover with a layer of plastic wrap and foil.
- Freeze until ready to serve.
- Before serving dust with additional cocoa powder.
How to Make a Cake Roll Video
Can the Chocolate Marshmallow Cream Cake Roll be frozen?
How to freeze a cake roll
How simple it is to preserve the freshness of your cake roll.
- wrap rolled cake in a piece of plastic wrap
- wrap a layer of foil on top of the plastic wrap around the cake roll
- label and freeze
More Cake Roll Recipes
- CARAMEL BANANA CAKE ROLL
- PUMPKIN CAKE ROLL
- STRAWBERRY MALLOW CAKE ROLL
- RASPBERRY CREME CAKE ROLL
- LEMON CREME CAKE ROLL
- GINGERBREAD CAKE ROLL
- HALLOWEEN VANILLA SWISS CAKE ROLL
- CANDY CORN VANILLA SWISS CAKE ROLL
wow yummy yummy thanx wth such a helpful useful recip
Wow. I so much luv this recipe
Does this really only take 3 tablespoons of flour???
Hi Becky, Yes only 3 tablespoons of flour plus 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder = 3/8 cup of dry ingredients.