PACKED with nutrition these Light Oatmeal Peach Snack Cookies are ready to give you a quick pick me up with out tons of calories. Have them for an on-the-go snack or for an on-the-go breakfast.
98 CALORIES PER COOKIE!!!
Sorry about the yelling but I’m so happy these delicious cookies are so low in calories.
I have been hearing a lot of good things about chia seeds and wanted to create a recipe using them. Chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse, full of omega-3 fatty acids and fiber.
For the Peach Puree:
- 2 medium peaches, chopped (you will need 1-1/2 cups of puree)
- 2 tablespoons sugar**
- 3 tablespoons water
For the Cookies:
- 1-1/3 cups sugar**
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons quinoa
- 3 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-3/4 cups fresh peaches, chopped (about 1 large peach)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the 2 chopped medium peaches, sugar and water in a blender and mix until you get a puree.
- In a large bowl combine the peach puree, sugar, vanilla, egg whites and water.
- Whisk until fully combined.
- Add the flours, oats, wheat germ, flaxseed, quinoa, chia seeds, salt, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Stir with a large spoon until all the ingredients are combined.
- Gently stir in the chopped 1-3/4 cups of peaches.
- Using a ice cream scoop place cookie mounds on prepared cookie sheets.
- NOTE: These cookies will not spread so you can place them closer together then you would a regular cookie.
- With wet fingers slightly flatten cookies.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes and cool on wire rack.
This is a LBC original!
**I used Splenda or all sugar ingredients.
THE CALORIES WERE CALCULATED USING SPLENDA
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 98