Blueberry Sauce| A fresh addition to any breakfast table. This blueberry sauce can be made during the height of blueberry season and then frozen. I like to spoon the sauce into small zip top bags and freeze flat. That way the bags can be stored in the freezer upright like a book. There is NO lemon in this recipe. If you like lemon go ahead and add some lemon peel. 🙂
I love blueberry season. You can make so many things with blueberries from smoothies, baked goods to a savory sauce. This blueberry sauce isn’t any different. There are so many uses! Like over ice cream, topping for a cheesecake, swirl in a bundt cake or even drizzle over pork chops. Don’t forget about pancakes! I love add a big spoonful on my BUTTERMILK PANCAKES!
- 2 -1/2 pints fresh blueberries, divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- In a medium saucepan combine 2 pints of blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and water.
- Heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is slightly thickened.
- Using a potato smasher, smash the blueberries.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in remaining 1/2 pint of blueberries.
This is a LBC original!
MORE SAUCE RECIPES
Sign up for my newsletter (two per month) and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER