Microwave Peanut Brittle | This brittle tastes exactly like old fashioned peanut brittle. No candy thermometer…. and is ready to pour in less then 10 minutes! Satisfy your Peanut Brittle craving in just minutes! Perfect for a quick gift or to add to your Christmas goodie tray.
I made two batches. One in a Pyrex 4 cup measuring cup and one in a Pyrex bowl. Both the recipes turned out the same. So if you don’t have a 4 cup measuring cup a microwave safe bowl will work too! Add any leftover brittle to recipes! It adds a little crunch not to mention another layer of flavor. Like my Peanut Brittle Cookies, Chewy Peanut Brittle Brownies or Peanut Brittle Popcorn Nuggets. Game day just got a lot sweeter with these recipes!
Microwave Peanut Brittle
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 3/4 cups raw Spanish peanuts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a 4 cup glass measuring cup (or microwave safe bowl), combine sugar and corn syrup.
TIP: Make sure the two sugars are well combined BEFORE cooking.
- Cook on high 4 minutes.
- Add peanuts and cook 4 minutes.
- Add butter and vanilla; cook 1 minute.
- Quickly fold in baking soda.
- Quickly spread on a greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheet to cool.
- Break into pieces.
MORE QUICK CANDY RECIPES