Pop in your mouth goodness! That’s how I would describe these fun Mini Cake Mix Sandwich Cookie Bites!
With tons of festive sprinkles and fun red, white and blue frosting. These Mini Cake Mix Sandwich Cookie Bites are sure to be a hit at your Memorial Day celebration.
You can also give them as party favors. Put them in small clear paint cans with a flag attached to say “Thank You” for coming to my celebration!
Mini Cake Mix Sandwich Cookie Bites
Give these fun Sandwich Cookies as a Party Favor!
For the Cookies
- 1 cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles (red, white and blue)
- 1 1/2-inch round cookie cutter
For the Butter Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- red, white and blue gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together the cake mix, eggs, oil and sprinkles until well combined
- Roll cookie dough into a 1/4-inch thick round.
- Cut dough into 1 1/2-inch rounds and place on prepared cookie sheets
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Frost one side and press the top on.
For the Butter Frosting:
- Cream butter until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and combine.
- Add confectioners sugar 1 cup at a time.
- If the frosting is too thick add water.
- Separate frosting into THREE bowls.
- Using gel food coloring, color frosting and either pipe on or spread onto one side of the cookies.
- Press on the top cookie.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain