Change up the menu this year with peach chicken sliders! Tender and juicy with a touch of sweet from the peach preserves. For when you just need one more thing to add to dinner or your buffet.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 8 slider buns or dinner rolls
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and cut in half crosswise
- 8 thin onion slices
- 8 thin tomato slices
- Garnish: dill pickle slices
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, salt and pepper; gently combine with hands.
- Lightly coat hands with nonstick cooking spray; form chicken into 8 (3-1/2-inch) patties.
- Place patties on prepared baking sheet.
- Cover, and freeze for 20 minutes, or until slightly frozen (Freezing will make removing patties from wax paper easier).
- In a small bowl, combine peach preserves, mustard, water and vinegar.
- Reserve 1/2 cup peach mixture.
- Coat grill with oil.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat (400 degrees to 450 degrees).
- Place patties on prepared grill rack.
- Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in center.
- Brush with peach mixture, cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from grill.
- Place buns, cut side down on grill; grill for 2 minutes, or until grill marks form.
- Fill each bun with 1 chicken patty, 1 piece of bacon, 1 onion slice, and 1 tomato slice.
- Serve with reserved peach mixture.
- Garnish with dill pickle slices.
This recipe is loosely adapted from the Phyllis Hoffman Celebrate 2012 magazine.