Package this quinoa granola and give it as a teachers gift!
Sprinkle on oatmeal, layer with yogurt and make a parfait or simply eat it as a snack. A great way to get picky eaters to eat something healthy.
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 cup roasted hulled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, sunflower seeds, almonds, and flaxseeds.
- Pour honey into a small microwave safe bowl, heat until warm.
- Stir in oil, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour honey mixture over quinoa mixture.
- Toss to coat and spread onto a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring twice.
- Stir in dried fruit.
- Spread out on a large sheet of foil.
- Cool completely, breaking up any large pieces.
TO STORE: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
This recipe was adapted from the BHG Food Gifts 2013 magazine.