Make these Chimichurri Quinoa and Corn Patties for your next Ladies Brunch or for Mother’s Day. Easy to make and healthy too! Make them in advance, store in the refrigerator and re heat in the oven before serving. But be WARNED you’ll need to make extra because your guests are going to gobble these delicious bites!
I am completely in love with these flavorful Patties.
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup soft whole grain bread crumbs (1 slice)
- In a medium saucepan bring the 1-1/4 cups water to boiling; stir in quinoa.
- Return to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 8 minutes.
- Stir in corn.
- Return to boiling reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes more.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, cornmeal, chopped red onion, parsley, cilantro, oregano, garlic, salt, and the cayenne pepper.
- Stir in quinoa mixture and bread crumbs.
- Using about 1/3 cup mixture for each patty, shape quinoa into eight 3/4-inch thick patties.
- Heat a lightly greased skillet or griddle.
- Cook patties, half at a time, for 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through and golden, turning once. Keep patties warm in a 300 degree oven while cooking the remaining patties.
This recipe is from BHG Eat Well Lose Weight 2013 magazine.