Red Wine Fudge | Add extra flavor to your fudge with wine! Just like when you add coffee to chocolate to intensify the flavor the same thing goes for red wine. Especially if you find a wine that already has notes of chocolate. The perfect teachers gift and Secret Santa gift! Better yet do you know a college student that doesn’t get to come home for Christmas? Add this to a box full of goodies and surprise them with a box full of love.
Don’t worry this is safe for kids too! Alcohol evaporates at 172°. Since you are boiling the mixture for 3 minutes that is more then enough time to evaporate the alcohol.
Giving this fudge as a gift? Instead of pouring it into a pan pour, the fudge into individual Christmas tins. For a little something extra add a wooden knife.
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 7 ounce jar marshmallow cream
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Line a 10x7-inch baking pan with foil; make sure the ends hang over.
- Boil sugar, butter and milk and red wine for 3 minutes.
- Continuously stir.
- Turn burner off, add vanilla, chocolate chips, and marshmallow cream.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add chopped nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate to harden or sit on the counter overnight.
- Use the foil to lift the fudge out of the pan; cut into small (1 1/2-inch) pieces.
- Place in a container with a tight lid.
Sign up for my newsletter and receive a FREE ebook “Top 10 Fudge Recipes from Lady Behind The Curtain” PLUS my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER