White Chocolate Pecan Pie Candy | The perfect Christmas Candy….salty sweet and delicious! This candy should come with a warning….yes…..it’s that good and super easy to make! It’s not the cleanest candy in town but it is the BEST! It’s like eating pecan pie with a white chocolate cranberry candy bar on top.
Here’s How I made this delicious candy.
It starts with a saltine crust…Hmmmm…..look familiar? That’s how I started my Pecan Pie Cheesecake Fudge. So you know it’s going to be good!
Bring the pecan pie filling to a boil and pour over the saltines.
Instead of mixing the pecans in with the filling I decided to add them to the top. This gave them a wonderful toasted flavor and made them extra crunchy.
Bake 10 minutes.
Sprinkle the white chocolate over the hot candy, wait a couple of minutes and spread.
While the chocolate is still melted; sprinkle the cranberries over the top and lightly press into the chocolate.
Now here comes the hard part. You have to wait until the candy is completely cooled before you can tear into it……or…..break it into cracker size pieces.
- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup unsaturated butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 (12 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 425°; Line a jelly roll pan (15x10-inches) with foil and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of the pan with the saltines.
- In a medium saucepan bring the butter and brown sugar to a boil; cook 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in condensed milk.
- Pour over saltines; use an off set spatula and evenly spread to the edges of the pan.
- Sprinkle the pecan halves over hot butter mixture.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Set the pan on a heat proof surface; sprinkle the white chocolate chips over the top and let it stand for 1 to 2 minutes or until softened.
- Use a off set spatula to evenly spread the chocolate over the candy.
- While chocolate is still soft; sprinkle the top with the cranberries.
- Lightly press into the candy.
- Let cool completely before breaking into cracker size pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
MORE CANDY RECIPES