I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #DinnerDone #CollectiveBias
What better way to kick off the summer than with this Summer Barbecue Plum Sauce Recipe. This sauce is a little on the Asian side with the addition of plums, ginger and soy sauce. Using Hunt’s Tomato Paste added thick rich flavor to this sauce. When cooking with canned tomatoes I always choose Hunt’s because they peel their tomatoes using ONLY steam from water and NO lye like some other brands. So I feel confident that I am using the BEST products for my family.
When choosing my Hunt’s Tomato products I go to Walmart. They have a big selection of Hunt’s diced tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato sauce. Visit www.hunts.com and http://www.readyseteat.com/ for great recipes and information on Hunt’s tomatoes.
At your next barbecue have a “build-your-own” burger bar and make a good burger into a GREAT burger! Let your guests paint their palettes with this Summer Barbecue Plum Sauce Recipe. Also try my SWEET-HOT BARBECUE SAUCE using Hunt’s tomato paste.
*The plums or prunes have pits in them. To easily get the pits out, lay a large knife flat on top of the plum or prune and smash. The pit should then easily be removed.
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) jar whole plums( your jar may say prunes) reserved juice
- 1-6 ounce can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) Hunt's tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a food processor combine; onion, butter, *pitted plums (prunes), reserved plum or prune juice, lemonade, tomato paste, soy sauce, sugar, mustard, ginger, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Puree all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour pureed sauce into a medium size saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture reaches desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain