Sand Bucket Cake: Transform a semi homemade cinnamon cake into a fun summer dessert. These fun beach themed cakes are piled with layers of cinnamon swirl crumb cake, cinnamon frosting and to bring out the beach theme, sand (ground graham crackers) and shells (edible chocolate shells) all beautifully displayed in a clear bucket (paint can). Your guests are going to flip over this fun Sand Bucket Cake. So… grab a bucket and dig in!
How to Make Edible Sea Shells
- sea shell shapes in a candy mold tray
- various colors of candy melts
- squeeze bottle
- Add candy to a microwave safe bowl, heat on high 1 minute, stir. If candy is not creamy continue heating in 30 second increments at 60% power stirring between each addition until melted and creamy.
- FOR A MARBLE LOOK: Add one primary color and a few drizzles of the second color, use a toothpick and swirl colors.
- Place candy tray with the filled shells in the refrigerator to harden (about 15 minutes).
- Pop out of tray and repeat.
How to Make Edible Sand
- 6 ounces vanilla wafers (before grinding)
- 2 Oreo cookies
- Add the wafers and Oreo cookies to a food processor and pulse until cookies are finely ground.
- Take out any large pieces.