Slow Cooker Cranberry Roast | Transform your favorite pot roast into a holiday creation with cranberries! This roast has tons of vegetables and is cooked in a savory cranberry sauce. The addition of cranberry sauce brings a unique full body flavor to this roast and is perfect for the holiday season. With simple ingredients like dry onion soup mix and dried herbs you can make this easy to make dinner any time of year!
The roast is super tender and full of delicious flavor, put this slow cooker cranberry roast together in the morning and come home to the delicious scent of dinner! So good that the leftovers are just as good as the first night!
YOU CAN ALSO MAKE THIS CRANBERRY ROAST IN THE OVEN!
If you choose, you can also cook this roast in the oven. Just place the roast and seasonings into a roasting pan. Cover and roast at 350° for 2 hours, basting occasionally with sauce. Add potatoes and carrots; spoon sauce over vegetables, cover and roast an additional hour.
Your Christmas dinner just got a whole lot easier. Add a side dish of Holiday Green Beans and your meal is set. Don’t forget dessert! For not only a fun dessert but delicious one to make a Coconut Pecan Christmas Cake! Wow your guests with a deliciously festive cake at your next Christmas Party! With THREE different looks to choose from! Don’t see what you want? Click here to get OVER 270 Christmas Recipes—->>>>CHRISTMAS RECIPES.
- 1 boneless top sirloin roast (4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 10 ounce reduced-sodium beef broth, undiluted
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce with whole cranberries
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 package (1 ounce) dry onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram and dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 medium potatoes, unpeeled, halved
- 1 (one pound) bag of carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces
- Sprinkle roast all over with salt and place in a large slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, cranberry sauce, ketchup, onion soup mix, garlic, dry mustard, marjoram, thyme and black pepper.
- Add the potatoes and carrots to the roast; pour sauce over meat and vegetables
- Cover, set slow cooker on high and cook 6 hours then turn down to low for 2 additional hours.
- Slice roast thinly and serve it on a platter surrounded by the vegetables.
- Skim off as much fat as possible from sauce in pan.
- Serve sauce on the side.
NOTE: I served the leftover cranberry sauce on the side with the roast.
MORE SLOW COOKER MEALS
Sign up for my newsletter and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER