Whole Wheat Flaxseed Buttermilk Waffles | Start your day out right with these Whole Wheat Flaxseed Buttermilk Waffles. This recipe makes 24! That means it’s enough to feed a crowd or last for weeks!
Freezing these pancakes is the way to go. I lay them on a cookie sheet in a single layer, lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer until frozen and then transfer them to a zip top bag. Freezing them this way will keep them separated. When I’m ready to eat a couple waffles I pop them in the toaster and toast like I would store bought waffles. Easy as store bought but….better for you and better tasting!
RECIPES USING WAFFLES
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole flaxseed
- 3 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle griddle.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and flaxseed.
- Add to the same bowl the buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla.
- Whisk together until combined.
- Make waffles according to the waffle maker instructions.