This Easy Caramel Sauce comes with a WARNING! Once you are finished using the sauce put the lid back on the jar and slowly step AWAY! This is not a beverage and no I didn’t drink from the jar 😉
This Easy Caramel Sauce is so easy to make you’ll want to always have a jar in your fridge. Add to a milk shake, coffee, ice cream, or top a brownie. The choices are endless for this yummy jar of golden deliciousness.
I used this Easy Caramel Sauce as a drizzle on my Company Brownies.
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Mix the brown sugar, half and half, butter and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until it gets thicker.
- Add the vanilla and cook another minute to thicken further.
- Turn off the heat, cool slightly and pour the sauce into a jar.
- Refrigerate until cold.