This Fish Bowl Punch is perfect for a pool party, under the sea theme, beach theme or luau! Build your own edible fish bowl!
WATCH THIS FUN SLIDE SHOW!
You can make this punch in individual small fish bowls too. Like the small plastic fish bowls you get at a carnival with a goldfish. I chose to do one big drink in a 1 gallon glass fish bowl.
How much fun is this Fish Bowl Punch?!? It may look complicated but it is SUPER easy.
Pour the nerds into the fish bowl, level the candy.
Carefully add some of the ice just to cover the candy. Once you have your first layer of ice over the candy, add a few of the fish positioning them like they are swimming and continue layering the ice and more fish making sure to compact the ice as you go. Fill with ice to the top.
Slowly add colored 7-up; top with straws and optional sliced fruit.
- 1 gallon glass fish bowl
- 2 (5 ounce) boxes nerds candy
- 1 (2 liter) 7up or any CLEAR soda
- blue gel food coloring
- ice (5 to 8 pounds)
- 1 bag red Swedish fish gummy candy
- fun straws
- optional: slices of orange, lemon and lime
- First you'll want to dye the 7up blue. Pour the 7up into a large bowl ( I used the fish bowl).
- Add a few drops of the blue food coloring, stir and add more coloring until the punch reaches the right color of blur.
- NOTE: You want to able to see the fish through the punch so be careful with the food coloring. Then using a funnel pour the 7up back into the bottle it came in.
- Set aside and prepare the fish bowl.
- If you used the fish bowl to mix the 7up; completely dry it.
- Pour the nerds into the fish bowl, level the candy.
- Carefully add some of the ice just to cover the candy.
- *NOTE: I got my ice from McDonald’s (It's the perfect size and inexpensive too).
- Once you have your first layer of ice over the candy, add a few of the fish positioning them like they are swimming and continue layering the ice and more fish making sure to compact the ice as you go.
- Fill with ice to the top.
- Slowly pour the colored 7up towards the back of the bowl.
- As the ice melts add more ice.
- Top with straws and optional sliced fruit.
SPLISH SPLASH POOL PARTY