THIS CUPCAKE REMINDS ME OF SUMMER!
Serve these lemon cloud cupcakes as a mini cupcake, regular size cupcake or a cake. These lemon cloud cupcakes also great with just the glaze and no frosting. One of my families favorites. Using a cake mix and adding pudding to it makes this cake very moist and easy to make.
For the Lemon Cupcakes:
- Line mini cupcake tin with cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, oil and eggs; beat until well combined.
- Slowly beat in soda.
- Fill mini cupcakes 2/3 full.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle move to wire rack.
For Lemon Glaze:
- Combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice.
- Mix until smooth.
- While the cupcakes are still hot spoon 1 teaspoon of glaze over cupcakes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
For the Lemon Butter Frosting:
- Beat together the butter, shortening and vanilla.
- Slowly add 2 cups confectioners' sugar.
- Add lemon juice.
- Gradually beat in 2 additional cups confectioners' sugar.
- Beat in 1 to 2 tablespoons milk, 1 teaspoon at a time until frosting reaches spreading consistency.