State Fair Chocolate Strawberry Waffle Pops | Okay, I don’t claim to be an expert or anything but I think since there’s fruit and waffle batter in this recipe you can without any guilt have these delicious treats for breakfast! You can put them on skewers or simply fry them up in strawberry shaped balls. The choice is up to you. But be warned these Chocolate Strawberry Waffle Pops are D-E-L-I-O-U-S!
Warm and crispy on the outside with a decadent cover of chocolate and the taste of a fresh strawberry. These State Fair Chocolate Strawberry Waffles Pops are unique! Who doesn’t love a chocolate dipped strawberry? Bring it up a notch and wrap your favorite chocolate treat in waffle batter and fry until golden. This isn’t a run of the mill everyday chocolate dipped strawberry. It’s a unique treat that your guests will talk about for years!
Yes, I went there. I took a nice healthy strawberry and deep fried it. Bahahahaha! You know that the definition of fair food is deep fried….right? So….Take a strawberry, dip it in dark chocolate, then in waffle batter and then fry it up for the perfect carnival theme party or a backyard barbecue treat!
Bring it all together!
Prepare the strawberries, thread on wooden skewers and freeze.
Dip in melted chocolate and freeze.
Dip in waffle batter and deep fry until golden.
Planning a Circus, Carnival or state fair party? Here are a few more fun ideas to help you!
FUNFETTI SUGAR COOKIE BARS 2. OLD FASHIONED CARNIVAL PARTY 3. CIRCUS ANIMAL COOKIE PUPPY CHOW
State Fair Chocolate Strawberry Waffle Pops
- 12 large strawberries, hulled
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 2 cups dry waffle mix, add the ingredients listed on the packaging to make waffles
- confectioners' sugar for dusting
- 12 skewers
- Thread each strawberry onto a wooden skewer; place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper and freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Put the chocolate in a deep microwave safe bowl.
- Melt in 1 minute intervals, stirring after each.
NOTE: It took (2) 1 minute intervals for my chocolate chips to melt.
- Dip the frozen strawberries in the melted chocolate, return to the parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet and freeze until the chocolate hardens, about 15 minutes.
- Heat 4 to 6 inches of vegetable oil in a deep pot until a deep-fry thermometer registers 330 degrees.
- While the oil heats, prepare the waffle mix as the package directs.
- Dip the chocolate-covered strawberries in the batter, turning to coat.
NOTE Make sure the batter is thin enough to evenly coat the strawberry with NO lumps.
- Carefully place the berries into the hot oil.
NOTE I only fried ONE at a time.
- Fry, turning as needed, until batter is golden and just cooked through.
- Remove from hot oil and drain on paper towels on a cooling rack.
- Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to re-harden.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
WANT MORE FUN IDEAS? CHECK OUT MY CARNIVAL PARTY (link) CATEGORY with lots of fun ideas!