Just like your favorite candy bar this Almond joy Cheesecake is full of chocolate, almonds and coconut. I replaced one of the cream cheese blocks with a block of Almond Paste, filled the cheesecake with coconut and baked it on top of a fudge chocolate pastry crust. YUM!!! NOTE: Because the almond paste does not cream up like cream cheese you will get nice pieces of almond paste through out the cheesecake. BONUS!!! 🙂
Prick the bottom with a fork and bake 8 minutes.
While the crust is baking make the filling.
Almod Joy Cheesecake
For the Crust
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Dutch chocolate powder
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
For the Filing
- 3 (8 ounce) cream cheese blocks, softened
- 1 (7 ounce) almond paste roll
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 7 ounces sweetened flaked coconut
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
For the Topping
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chip
- 3/4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until the ingredients form a ball.
- Place in a spring form pan.
- Using your fingers press dough evenly on the bottom and up the sides 1-inch.
- Prick the bottom with a fork and bake 8 minutes.
For the Filling:
- Cream together the cream cheese and the almond paste.
NOTE: The almond paste will not become creamy but will break up and leave delicious almond chunks
- Add the eggs, vanilla and sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Stir in coconut, milk chocolate chips and 1/2 cup toasted almonds.
- Pour into pan with pre cooked crust.
- Bake 1 hour; cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool completely.
- Add topping once cheese cake is cooled.
For the Topping:
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave save bowl and melt.
- Fit a small zip top plastic bag over a cup, pour the melted chocolate into the bag, and snip one corner off.
- Drizzle chocolate over cheesecake and garnish with toasted almonds.
MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES