Warm and crispy on the outside with a decadent cover of chocolate and the taste of a fresh strawberry. These State Fair Chocolate Strawberry Waffles Pops are unique! Who doesn’t love a chocolate dipped strawberry? Bring it up a notch and wrap your favorite chocolate treat in waffle batter and fry until golden. This isn’t a run of the mill everyday chocolate dipped strawberry. It’s a unique treat that your guests will talk about for years! While everything fried is best right out of the fryer these treats are still good the next day. Store them in the refrigerator (not covered). The chocolate will harden around the strawberry and crispy outer shell will become a little soft but the flavor is most definitely still there.
Yes, I went there. I took a nice healthy strawberry and deep fried it. Bahahahaha! You know that the definition of fair food is deep fried….right? So….Take a strawberry, dip it in dark chocolate, then in waffle batter and then fry it up for the perfect carnival theme party or a backyard barbecue treat!
Planning a Circus, Carnival or state fair party? Here are a few more fun ideas to help you!
State Fair Chocolate Strawberry Waffle Pops
- 20 to 25 medium to large strawberries, tops removed
- 18 ounces dark cocoa candy melts
Optional: shortening (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 quarts vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 2 cups dry waffle mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Pull tops off the strawberries
- Thread each strawberry onto a wooden skewer; place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Put the chocolate in a deep microwave safe bowl.
- Melt in 1 minute intervals, stirring after each.
NOTE: It took (2) 1 minute intervals for my chocolate chips to melt, if chocolate appears to be too thick, add the shortening; stir until melted.
- Dip the strawberries in the melted chocolate, making sure to completely submerge the strawberry up to and around the entry area of the skewer.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and freeze until the chocolate hardens (about 15 minutes).
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep pot until a deep-fry thermometer registers 360°.
- While the oil heats, add waffle mix, milk and eggs to a medium bowl; whisk all ingredients together until no lumps appear.
- Dip the chocolate covered strawberries in the batter, turning to coat and completely submerging the strawberry so that the batter encases the chocolate.
TIP: What worked best for me was taking only one chocolate covered strawberry out of the freezer at a time, dipping it into the batter and the hot oil to fry.
- Fry, turning as needed, until batter is golden and just cooked through.
- Remove from hot oil and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
WANT MORE FUN IDEAS? CHECK OUT MY CARNIVAL PARTY (link) CATEGORY with lots of fun ideas!
NEVER MISS A POST!
Sign up for my newsletter (two per month) and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER