Make sure you add this Upside-Down Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake to your breakfast menu.
This Upside-Down Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake recipe is so easy to make! By the time your oven has preheated you are ready to put the coffee cake into the oven. Nice and gooey with plenty of pecans and apples it’s just as good re heated in the microwave. A GREAT Sunday morning breakfast, perfect breakfast to serve out of town guests and to serve at your next brunch.
Create your own Recipe Box and save your favorite Lady Behind The Curtain recipes. Make a Meal Plan with your favorite recipes and ZipList will automatically add the ingredients to a Shopping List.
Upside-Down Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake
Nice and gooey with plenty of pecans and apples!
- 1-1/2 cups apples, chopped and peeled
- 1 can (12.4 ounce) Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1/2 cup pecan halves or pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- Spread 1 cup of the apples in pie plate.
- Separate dough into 8 rolls.
- Cut each roll into quarters; place in large bowl.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup apples and pecans.
- In small bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and corn syrup until well blended.
- Add brown sugar mixture to dough mixture; toss gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture over apples in pan.
- Bake 28 to 38 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.
- Invert onto serving platter.
- Remove lid from icing.
- Microwave icing on high 10 to 15 seconds or until drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over warm coffee cake. Serve warm.
This recipe from the Pillsbury Spring Brunch Magazine 2010
EASY RECIPES WITH STORE BOUGHT DOUGH
1. ORANGE CREAM CHEESE BREAKFAST ROLLS 3. APPLE SPIKED MONKEY BREAD 3. CINNAMON BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE 4. CRESCENT CARAMEL SWIRL