How to Transform Store Bought Dough into Donuts: In the mood for homemade doughnuts but the idea of making your own dough stresses you out? Don’t worry….I will show you how easy it is to transform your favorite store bought dough into crispy on the outside and tender on the inside… out of this world donuts! *Same great recipe from 2015 with new photos and a few new tips and tricks! ENJOY!*
- Grands Southern Style Biscuits
- Original Crescent Rolls
- Small Cinnamon Rolls (the ones that DO NOT wrap around)
How to Transform Store Bought Dough into Donuts
Cinnamon Roll Dough
- Pour oil into a dutch oven or large pot (full printable recipe below).
- Fill to about 2 inches deep.
- Heat oil to 350° – 360°.
- Using a round cookie cutter (about 1-inch wide) cut a hole in the center of the dough rounds (biscuits or cinnamon rolls).
- Form crescent rolls as directed on the package.
- Preheat air fryer to 350°. (full printable recipe below)
- Spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Place four donuts at a time in the air-fryer basket.
- Fry (bake) 5-6 minutes.
- Let cool completely before adding icing or add cinnamon sugar while still hot. LOOK below for instructions.
Pro Tip: Watch the Oil Temperature
How to Make Donut Icing and Coating
MAPLE ICING: (full printable recipe below)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
DARK CHOCOLATE ICING: (full printable recipe below)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
BONUS: WHITE ICING IN THE CINNAMON ROLL CAN: (full printable recipe below)
- Scoop icing out of container and into a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat 10 seconds or until the frosting is runny.
CINNAMON SUGAR COATING:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Canned Dough Donut Toppings
- CHOPPED NUTS
- MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- MINI M&M’S
- TOFFEE BITS
Candy Thermometer Alternative
MORE SEMI HOMEMADE BREAKFAST IDEAS
SIGN UP FOR THE LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN NEWSLETTER AND FOLLOW THE LADY BEHIND THE PARTY ETSY SHOP
THANKS FOR VISITING♥