Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies | In a rush? Don’t skip the most important meal of the day! These giant hearty breakfast cookies are packed with flavor and come in handy when you want to have a healthy meal but ran out of time to make it.
Breakfast doesn’t have to be a chore. Make this batch of cookies, lay them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, pop them in the freezer to freeze and place the frozen cookies into a zip top bag. For an easy, healthy grab and go breakfast.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 cups regular rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl combine peanut butter and butter; beat until creamy.
- Add brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and bananas; beat until combined.
- To the same bowl add the baking soda, salt, flours, wheat germ, oats, raisins, flaxseeds and chia seeds.
- Beat until just combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, drop mounds of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread batter with the back of a spoon to measure 4-inche circles.
- Bake 15 to 16 minutes or until edges are set and lightly browned.
- Serve within 24 hours or freeze for longer storage.
MORE GRAB AND GO BREAKFAST RECIPES