Tin Can Pineapple Upside Down Cake: Transform you’re favorite classic pineapple upside down cake in an easy to handle single serving size. The perfect mini size cake for any party. a great take and go cake with an unbelievable luscious flavor and texture. A classic retro cake just like your mom used to make that is served upside down and perfect for any time of year.
How to Make Tin Can Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE CAKE: (full recipe printable below)
- 1 (15.25 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE BROWN SUGAR TOPPING:
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 10 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 10 pineapple rings
- 10 maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To a mixing bowl add the cake mix, pineapple juice, oil and eggs.
- Mix until smooth and completely combined.
- In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar and butter.
- Add two tablespoons of sugar mixture to the bottom of each can.
- Top with a pineapple slice and place a cherry in the center.
- Pour over pineapple about two ice cream scoops of batter to each can.
- Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted to the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
You make these little cuties just like the bigger version. Add the wonderful brown sugar mixture to the bottom along with a pineapple ring and maraschino cherry.
No Frosting Needed!
Classic Pineapple Upside Down Cake
The perfect take and go cake with an unbelievable luscious flavor and texture. This amazing potluck cake is soft and buttery with a caramelized brown sugar pineapple and cherry topping. A classic retro cake just like your mom used to make that is served upside down and perfect for any time of year.