Baked Sugar and Spice Donuts: A Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside donut. These donuts give you the satisfaction of eating a donut without all the calories. It has more of a biscuit texture but with the addition of nutmeg it gives you the flavors you like from a cake donut. Come on we can pretend we’re eating a donut right?
Since these Baked Sugar and Spice Donuts freeze beautifully I usually double the recipe. One time baking tons of time for enjoyment. ♥ You can also bake the donut holes. I chose to add them back to the dough to make more donuts.
Baked Sugar and Spice Donuts
For the Donuts
- 2 cups reduced fat Bisquick mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup refrigerated egg product
For the Topping
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the Donuts:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine Bisquick mix,sugar, and nutmeg.
- Add buttermilk and egg product to dry ingredients; stir until moistened.
- Knead dough with additional Bisquick mix.
- Roll dough 1/2 inch thick; cut with floured 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Remove centers and re-roll.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
For the Topping:
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; brush tops of donuts very lightly with melted butter and dip tops in cinnamon mixture.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain
MORE DONUT RECIPES