No added mayonnaise makes this German Potato Salad the perfect picnic salad. I love the tangy flavor of this salad along with the creamy texture. Besides everything is better with bacon! 😆
This German Potato Salad is the only salad I know that is better served at room temperature. You can make it the day before, store in the refrigerator then place on the counter 1 hour before serving. This will allow the dressing to become creamy.
German Potato Salad
- 1 (5 pound) bag red potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 (12 ounce) package thick cut bacon, cooked and chopped (reserve drippings)
- 4 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Add sliced potatoes to a large pot, cover with cold water and add 1 tablespoon salt.
- Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer; cook until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and pour into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl add the vinegar, mustard 2 teaspoons salt, pepper and bacon drippings.
- Whisk together until combined, pour over hot potatoes and stir to coat.
- Fold in chopped bacon and chives.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain
MORE SALAD RECIPES