Banana Cheesecake | Give a classic new life and transform it into a cheesecake! All the favorites of the classic banana pudding are in this banana cheesecake. With almost 2 boxes of vanilla wafers and chunks of banana not to mention the creamy center.
For our family celebrations usually center around a cheesecake in fact I have a whole category dedicated to just cheesecakes! Every year for my sons birthday I create a new cheesecake. Like Chai Spice Cheesecake and Persimmon Cheesecake (both were created for him).
A twist on a classic!
For the Crust
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
For the Filling
- 17 vanilla wafers
- 2 large ripe bananas, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla wafers, coarsely crushed
For the Garnish
- sweetened whip cream
- vanilla wafers
- sliced bananas
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together the 1-1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers, pecans, and butter until well blended.
- Press mixture onto bottom of a greased and floured 9-inch springform pan.
- Stand approximately 17 vanilla wafers around edge of pan (rounded sides against pan), pressing gently into crust to secure.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack to cool while making the filling.
For the Filling:
- Combine bananas and lemon juice in a small saucepan.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute or just until sugar has dissolved.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Gently stir banana mixture into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared curst.
- Bake 45 to 55 minute or until center is almost set.
- Remove cheese cake from oven and run a knife around edge of cheesecake to loosen.
- Sprinkle top of cheesecake with coarsely crushed waters.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. (about 1 hour)
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Garnish with whip cream, banana slices and vanilla wafers.
This recipe was adapted from the Southern Living Best Fall Baking 2012 magazine.
MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES