Persimmon Cheesecake. A light and creamy New York Style Cheesecake made with fresh persimmons and your favorite warm holiday spices. Take advantage of this wonderful fruit—in season October through February☼.
What does a persimmon taste like?
How to make Persimmon Cheesecake
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Combine gingersnap crumbs, pecans, sugar, melted butter, and egg white, stirring until well combined.
- TIP: I put the gingersnap cookies and ground them up in a food processor along with the pecans. Then added the sugar, melted butter and egg white and blended until everything was combined.
- Press crumb mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch spring form pan; set aside.
For the Persimmon Filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, flour,cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- Beat until creamy.
- Add on egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in persimmon pulp and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 1 hour; turn oven off, and let stand in oven with door closed for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven.
- Place in refrigerator to cool completely.
- Release sides of pan, sprinkle on toasted pecans and serve.
MORE RECIPES USING PERSIMMONS
How to pulp persimmons
I always freeze mine, then defrost them when I am ready to use them. NOTE: I have persimmons in the freezer for a year and they are still just as fresh as the day I put them in there. This way the pulp will be soft and ripe for use.
How to Toast Pecans
- Place chopped pecans in a skillet (do not crowd pecans).
- Heat on medium high (watch them, it doesn’t take long for them to burn)
- Stir occasionally
- When the nuts have brown areas and the nutty aroma is present they are done
10 MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES
- PISTACHIO CHEESECAKE
- LEMON GLAZED CHEESECAKE
- ALMOND JOY CHEESECAKE
- BANANA CHEESECAKE
- PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE
- PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
- CHAI SPICE CHEESECAKE
- S’MORE CHEESECAKE
- APPLE CRUMB CHEESECAKE
- RUM CARAMEL DRIZZLED EGGNOG CHEESECAKE