Celebrate Fall with this heavenly Pumpkin Cheesecake. This rich and creamy dessert combines the unique flavors of pumpkin, cream cheese and spices that is a divine treat. Topped with Sugar Pecans and an homemade Easy Caramel Sauce brings this Pumpkin Cheesecake to new heights and is sure to become a holiday favorite.
I have been making this Pumpkin Cheesecake for at least 10 years! It’s ALWAYS a favorite, and is even loved by those who do not usually like pumpkin pie.
OTHER OPTION: Use ground up ginger snap cookies for the crust.
Making the crust is easy with just a few ingredients, pressed in the bottom and up the sides of a springform pan, baked 6 to 8 minutes.
The rich and creamy filling has all the ingredients for a great pumpkin pie with the addition a cream cheese. Beat together the cream cheese, granulated sugar and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, pumpkin and milk. Add the remaining cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; beat well and pour into the prepared pan. Bake 55 to 60 minutes.
Add the sweetened sour cream topping and bake another 10 minutes. Cool and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Filling
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the Topping
- 1 (16 ounce) sour cream, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and cinnamon.
- Press into the bottom and 1-inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes Do not allow to brown
For the Filling:
- In a medium mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese, granulated sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg, pumpkin and milk.
- Add cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Beat until all ingredients are smooth and combined.
- Pour into crust.
TIP: For protection I always place my cheesecake on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until edge is set and center still moves slightly.
- In a small bowl stir together the sour cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Spread over warm cheesecake.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Remove side of pan.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain
Sign up for my newsletter and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER