Caramel Apple Pound Cake | A tender cake with TWO layers of of sweet brown sugar apples, topped with a cream cheese frosting drizzle, caramel and a sprinkling of pecans.
Fall is such a fun time of year! Carnivals, Fall Festivals and Halloween! Celebrate Fall in style with this all things fall dessert. I would say this is the ADULT version of eating a caramel apple but if you love Caramel Apples you can try my Candy Corn Caramel Apples. This recipe calls for Apple Pie Spice. I couldn’t find any at my local grocery store so I decided to make my own. To make your own click on my Apple Pie Spice recipe.
Caramel Apple Pound Cake
For the Pound Cake Batter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cups butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Apple Filling
- 3 cups granny smith apples, chopped (about 1 1/2 large apples)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the Cream Cheese Frosting Drizzle
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 milk
- 1/4 cup hot caramel topping (NOT HEATED)
For the Garnish
- 2/3 cup pecans, chopped
- hot caramel topping
For the Pound Cake Batter:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray or butter the at 10-inch bundt pan PLUS flour or use nonstick spray with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar, brown sugar and butter until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing well between each egg.
- Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, apple pie spice, and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture, beating until combined.
- Spoon one third of the batter into prepared pan and one half apples.
TIP: Use an off set spatula; spread batter completely over apples.
- Repeat layers; top with remaining batter. Make sure to spread the batter to the edges.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Top with cream cheese frosting drizzle, pecans and caramel.
For the Apple Filling:
- In a medium bowl stir to combine apples, brown sugar and cinnamon.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting Drizzle:
- In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Beat in milk and caramel topping.
MORE CARAMEL APPLE DESSERTS