Chicken Verde Soup: Simple easy to find from your pantry ingredients. This versatile Chicken Verde Soup can be made ahead for a freezer meal, made in just a few hours in a slow cooker or right away on the stove top. Scroll down for all the yummy details↓
How to Freeze Soup:
Storing soup in the freezer is a great way to preserve those savory leftovers without sacrificing the taste. Prepare soup and let it cool. Pour the soup into zip top freezer bags. Lay flat in the freezer. The soup is good up to 3 months.
Cooking Chicken Verde Soup in a Slow Cooker
Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker, cook on high 2 hours or on low 4 hours.
How to Make Chicken Verde Soup
This Mexican-inspired soup offers a burst of bold flavors but is light enough to serve along a full meal.
- chicken stock (store bought or homemade)
- shredded chicken
- fresno chili
- 3 (10 ounce) cans tomatillos
- ground cumin
- ground coriander
- ground chipotle chili pepper
- sour cream
- topping: cilantro, queso fresco and fried tortilla strips
- Pour stock into a large stock pot, add the shredded chicken, fresno chili, tomatillos, cumin, coriander, chipotle chile pepper and salt.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream and cilantro.
- Serve the assortment of garnishes on the side.