Soft Pretzel Rolls | I love the aroma of a pretzel shop. But my mall is 30 minutes away and the cost is…well, more then I want to pay. Now I can make my own Soft Pretzel Rolls! They freeze beautifully too! ♥ I decided to make them for my son, who loves pretzel pizza. NO MORE mall pretzels for him. He loved the flavor of these and I loved how easy they were to make.
Slice in half and make a pretzel pizza, dip in melted butter, roll in a cinnamon sugar mixture and make my CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING to dip into … OR … simply slice in half and fill with my CRANBERRY CHICKEN SALAD.
Follow these simple directions for the BEST Soft Pretzel Rolls!
Roll dough into a 24-inch log.
Cut into 12 – 2-inch pieces.
Cut an X into each roll.
Let rest to rise.
- 1-1/3 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons warm milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt or Pretzel salt
- 2 quarts cold water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix 1/3 cup warm water with the yeast and let stand until foamy.
- Add remaining cup of warm water along with milk, sugar and melted butter.
- Mix with a spoon to combine.
- Add flour and mix until it forms a nice and firm pliable dough ball.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured table.
- Roll into a 2 foot long log and cut into 12 - 2-inch pieces.
- Cover dough with a damp cloth and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Pat dough into rolls and arrange on a lightly floured surface about an inch apart.
- Using a pairing knife cut a X about 1/4-inch into each roll.
- Cover with a dry towel.
- Let the pretzels rest for an additional 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly oil 2 baking sheets.
- In a large stockpot, bring the cold water to a rolling boil and add baking soda.
- Drop two rolls into the boiling water and boil for 30 seconds, turning once.
- Carefully remove with a slotted spoon and hold above pot and let drain.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Repeat with the remaining rolls.
- Arrange rolls on the oiled baking sheets and bake on the upper and middle racks of the oven for about 8-10 minutes, or until browned all over; shift pans from top to bottom and back to front halfway through, for even baking.
- Let rolls cool on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes, and then transfer to a rack.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain
MORE BREAD RECIPES
NEVER MISS A POST!
Sign up for my newsletter (two per month) and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER