Dark Chocolate Cherry Mini Cakes | Sinfully good but are in mini form so they won’t hurt your waistline. Usually when I plan desserts for a party I make everything in mini form. That way my guests can sample everyone of my Valentine’s Days Desserts! Plus, they are easy to hold (no fork or plate required).
Have you seen the recently newly released filled morsels from Nestlé? WOW! I love the cherry filled ones! Starting with a cake mix is the perfect way to help with the task of creating a dessert table. You know….80% homemade 20% semi homemade? To make these Dark Chocolate Cherry Mini Cakes I started with a dark chocolate cake mix, added chopped dried sour cherries and some of the Nestlé cherry filled delights. I do have a tip on how to increase the chocolate flavor even more. Adding instant espresso coffee powder to the cake batter! Yep, coffee deepens the chocolate flavor of the cake mix without adding any coffee flavor. Believe me when I say “NO COFFEE FLAVOR”. I am not a coffee drinker so my taste buds are very sensitive to coffee.
Are you ready to create a not only tasty treat but fun to eat treat? Let’s get started and check below for more mini treat ideas!
For the Mini Cakes:
- 1 (15.25 ounce) dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 cup Nestle Delightfuls cherry filled morsels
For the Dark Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (11.5 or 12 ounce) bag semi sweet chocolate chips
For the Mini Cakes:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a mini cake pan with non stick cooking spray.
- To a medium mixing bowl add the cake mix, water, oil, eggs and espresso powder.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir in the cherries and cherry filled morsels.
- Fill each mini cake well three-fourths full.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Let cool in pan 10 minute, take out of pan onto a cooling rack and cool completely before adding ganache.
For the Ganache:
- In a medium microwave safe bowl add the cream and chips.
- Microwaved 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Stir until creamy.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Drizzle over cooled cakes and add sprinkles.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain
MORE MINI TREAT RECIPES