This Dressed Up Potato Salad is ready for any occasion. Ladies Luncheon, Mother’s Day, Easter, Baby Shower or Bridal Shower. Fancy or casual you can take this salad anywhere!
Potato Salad is always a favorite at parties. This salad is pretty enough for a luncheon. This Dressed Up Potato Salad is creamy and delicious just what you would expect from a potato salad except for the peas! I love the sweet taste the peas add to the salad.
Want to add another “dressed up” salad? How about my Garden Macaroni Salad. Pretty and ready to go!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon any vinegar but balsamic
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs, hard cooked, divided
- 7 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 ounce jar chopped pimientos, well drained, reserving 1 teaspoon of pimientos
- 3 (3-inch) green onion tops
- 9 ounce frozen baby peas, thawed and drained on paper towels
- Line bottom and sides of 9x5 inch loaf pan with wax paper making sure the paper over hangs on sides to serve as handles later.
- In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard and salt.
- Slice 1 hard cooked egg diagonally to obtain 3 slices; set aside for garnish.
- Chop remaining eggs.
- Gently stir chopped eggs, potatoes, celery, sliced onion and pimiento into dressing mixture.
For the Garnish:
- Place 3 reserved egg slices, green onion tops and reserved chopped pimiento in center of prepared pan.
- On top of garnish, layer 1/2 of potato salad mixture.
- Add a layer of peas and remaining potatoes salad mixture.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Take off over and press an oblong platter to the salad. Gently turn over, hold onto wax paper to pull the salad out of the pan.
- Discard wax paper.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain
MORE SALAD RECIPES
NEVER MISS A POST!
Sign up for my newsletter and receive my recipes in your inbox. Easy to see anytime and saved for safe keeping. Click Here and sign up today! —->>>>CURTAIN CALL NEWSLETTER