Homemade Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette: A simple vinaigrette recipe that packs a lot a of flavor with only a few ingredients.
HOW TO MAKE A BASIC VINAIGRETTE
Choices: Acid and Oil
- There are almost as many different acid choices as there are oil choices. Make your own creation by picking and choosing different combos.
- ACIDS: Balsamic Vinegar, Apple Cider Vinegar, Red Wine Vinegar, Champagne Vinegar, Sherry Vinegar, Lemon Juice
- OILS: Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, Pecan Oil
Extras to add depth to the Vinaigrette
- All it takes is a few of these suggestions to add another layer of flavor and depth to the vinaigrette
- Fruit preserves
- Dijon mustard
- Fresh garlic
- Maple syrup
The perfect salad with the perfect Homemade Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- I love adding fresh or dried fruit to a salad. The pop of sweetness with the tartness of the dressing really creates a delicious salad.
- FOR THIS VINAIGRETTE: Along with assorted greens, add fresh sliced strawberries and toasted pecans. Simple, yet delicious!
What’s the difference between a good vinaigrette and a bad vinaigrette? Simply……The Ingredients! You don’t have to spend a ton on olive oil to get a good quality olive oil. In fact my favorite is the Trader Joe’s brand. I get a large bottle for $10. Balsamic on the other hand is a different story. You DO need to spend a little bit on Balsamic Vinegar to get a good vinegar. I like to spend at least $10 (that’s on the low end).
MORE VINAIGRETTE AND SALAD DRESSING RECIPES
- ROASTED RED PEPPER VINAIGRETTE
- CRANBERRY ORANGE VINAIGRETTE
- CREAMY ITALIAN SALAD DRESSING
- GREEN GODDESS SALAD DRESSING
- CILANTRO LIME RANCH DRESSING
- ½ cup strawberry preserves
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the preserves, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper until combined.
- Spoon over prepared salad.