Cranberry Sweet Roll Pull Apart | Tender sweet rolls filled with cranberries and pecans with a wonderful sweet orange drizzle. What a fantastic way to start your morning! Perfect for a ladies brunch, holiday brunch, morning baby shower or bridal shower. Basically these rolls would be awesome at any function.
If cranberry orange is your flavor then you might also like these other cranberry orange breakfast recipes. Cranberry Orange Sweet Roll Bread Pudding, Cranberry Orange Yogurt or Cranberry Orange Baked Oatmeal.
Do you have a “special” day coming? These would make a great breakfast surprise for a birthday or anniversary.
Cranberry Sweet Roll Pull Apart
For the Rolls
- 1 cup warm milk (105 to 110°)
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Filling
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
For the Orange Glaze
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
For the Rolls:
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, yeast and 2 Tablespoons sugar; let stand until foamy (about 5 minutes).
- In a medium bowl whisk together 3 cups flour, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and salt.
- Fit a stand mixer with a dough hook, combine milk mixture, oil and egg.
- Gradually add flour mixture to milk mixture; beat until smooth.
- Add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth.
- Spray a large bowl with non stick cooking spray; turn dough over to coat both sides.
- Cover with a towel; let stand in a warm draft free place for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Punch dough down, cover and stand rest 10 minutes.
- Lightly spray a 10-inch cast iron skillet or cake pan with non stick cooking spray; set aside.
For the Filling:
- In a small bowl stir together the brown sugar, pecans, cranberries and cinnamon; set aside.
For the Rolls:
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to an 18x10-inch rectangle.
- Brush dough with the 2 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture, leaving 1-inch border on the long side of the dough.
- Starting at long side, roll up dough, jelly roll fashion, pressing to seal.
- Cut into 1-inch slices and place in prepared skillet/pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place one hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake rolls for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Run a knife around the edges and invert onto a serving dish.
- Drizzle orange glaze over top of rolls.
For the Orange Glaze:
- In a medium bowl whisk together the sugar, zest and juice until smooth.
MORE ROLL RECIPES