These Light Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps are the perfect quick lunch or snack at around 124 calories for two! I’m trying to cut back on the amount of bread products and these Light Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps are perfect. With chopped red pepper, capers, green onion and carrots.
Add low fat or light mayonnaise, fat free sour cream and lots of vegetables for a great lunch!
I make the egg salad the night before and pack the Bibb lettuce separate so I can build my wraps right before I’m ready to eat them.
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1/4 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl add the onion, sour cream, mayonnaise, capers, red pepper, carrots, salt pepper.
- Mix until combined.
- Fold in coarsely chopped eggs.
- Spoon mixture onto 8 Bibb lettuce leaves.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain