10 Minute Eye of Newt Halloween Donuts: Starting with a store bought donut makes this fun Halloween party dessert easy but still delicious! With only a few ingredients you can create a fun treat….that’s if you don’t mind eating something that is “watching” you. Scroll down for the secret ingredient to making these creepy Halloween donuts↓
HALLOWEEN PARTY THEMES FOR THIS FUN HALLOWEEN TREAT
- WITCH THEME PARTY
- ZOMBIE THEME PARTY
- MONSTER THEME PARTY
- SPIDER THEME PARTY
THE SECRET INGREDIENT THAT EVERYONE LOVES
How to Make—10 Minute Eye of Newt Halloween Donuts
- CHOCOLATE CAKE DONUTS: Store bought bakery chocolate cake donuts (without frosting)
- CANDY MELTS: (from Wilton—found at Walmart or Michiaels) orange, purple and lime green
- SPRINKLES: Orange, Purple and Lime Green
- EDIBLE EYES: Various sizes
- Place donuts on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add candy melts to a small microwave safe bowl. NOTE: Use only 2/3 cup of candy melts per 6 donuts. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stir each time (it can take up to 90 seconds).
- Stir until creamy. NOTE: If the candy is too thick to drizzle you may need to add vegetable shortening (only 1 teaspoon at a time until the candy reaches the right consistency).
- Once the candy is the right consistency, drizzle along the top first and push the candy down the sides with a spoon. Place eyes where you’d like them and add sprinkles.
- Place the donuts STILL on the cookie sheet in the refrigerator to harden (about 10 minutes).
OTHER EYE OF NEWT POSTS
MORE HALLOWEEN TREAT RECIPES
TIP: IT LOOKS BEST IF YOU USE THE COLOR OF CANDY MELTS AS SPRINKLES. THIS WILL MAKE YOUR DONUTS POP WITH COLOR! —THE PERFECT CREEPY FUN BREAKFAST—