This quick to make Bakery White Frosting is a light and fluffy frosting made with shortening instead of butter. To make it extra white I used clear vanilla extract, you can us regular, the frosting won’t be as white. I would call this frosting wedding cake frosting. Very forgiving and easy to work with. I made this for my Morning Dew Cupcakes I served at my Tinker Bell Woodland Party.
This Bakery White Frosting is perfect for the hot weather months. It won’t melt off your cupcakes.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Add the shortening to a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat until shortening is light and fluffy.
- Add extracts and beat until incorporated into the shortening.
- Add the sugar 1 cup at a time; beat until smooth between each addition.
- Add milk only if frosting is too thick.
- Drizzle in 1 tablespoon at a time until the frosting reaches spreading or piping consistency.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain
To see how I used this delicious frosting visit my Tinker Bell Woodland Party!