Pineapple Cupcakes | A layer of pineapple tucked in the middle with a cherry surprise at the bottom all topped with a cream cheese frosting. Bring a little taste of the tropics with these Pineapple Cupcakes! Make them for a Luau or any party with a tropical theme. Your guests will love the cherry hidden at the bottom and the layer of pineapple in center.
BAKED AND READY FOR THE YUMMY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING!
For the Cupcakes
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 18 maraschino cherries
- 20 ounce can pineapple chunks (each chunk cut in half)
- pineapple rings (garnish, cut into wedges)
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake tin with 18 cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and eggs one at a time until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture alternating with the milk.
- Mix until just combined.
- Add 1 teaspoon of batter to the bottom of each cupcake liner. Add a cherry.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of batter.
NOTE: This batter is thick. In order to spread the batter easily dip finger tips in water. Then spread.
- Add 4 pieces of pineapple. (that will be originally 2 chunks cut in half)
- Top with another tablespoon of batter.
NOTE: You'll need to use the same spreading method you did for the first layer.
- Bake 20 - 23 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack in cupcake pans.
- Frost with pineapple cream cheese frosting when completely cooled.
- Top with a pineapple wedge (optional).
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar 1 cup at a time alternating with the milk.
- Store frosted goods in the refrigerator.
MORE PINEAPPLE RECIPES