Make this Roasted Sweet Pepper Sauce Concentrate and store in the freezer for and easy weeknight sauce of a last minute spread for appetizers.
This Roasted Sweet Pepper Sauce Concentrate is VERY sweet. When you add other ingredients like chicken stock, wine and cream it becomes a delicious savory sauce. Like my ROASTED PEPPER CHICKEN SAUCE. Or transform this sauce into a delicious, creamy appetizer spread like my SWEET PEPPER SPREAD. All used with this sauce as a base.
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 pounds roasted mini sweet peppers
- 14 ounce artichoke bottoms, drained
- 20 med. green olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green olive juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- juice from 1 lemon
- Saute onion and garlic until tender.
- Add to a food processor along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Process until pureed.
- Store in the refrigerator or freeze.
This recipe is from Lady Behind The Curtain